Diablo 3 patch 2.3 is a big one as they announced last week. The patch will bring a bevy of changes to the game including new difficulties and areas to explore. Thankfully, those in the PTR (Public Test Realm) will be able to download it now and try it out.
Of course the PTR will take place on PC, but a console release once the full patch gets put out to the public is assured. The announcement of the availability for the patch was made on the Diablo 3 blog as was a list of the patch notes that will be included in the PTR. Below are some general notes for the PTR.
- Torment VII-X difficulty levels have been added to the game
- Crowd control resistance cap has been increased from 65% to 95%
- This now applies to immobilize effects as well
- Non-elite monsters can now benefit from crowd control resistance
- All monsters other than bosses, Rift Guardians, or certain large monsters (like Mallet Lords) are now vulnerable to knockback effects
- Knockback effects are now subject to crowd control resistance rules and monsters will become immune to knockback at 65% resistance
- All hard crowd control effects (e.g. blind, charm, fear, knockback, stun) now automatically apply 20% crowd control resistance regardless of the duration
- Lantern Oil and Barrel Stack traps can now deal damage and stun or knockback enemies
- Vendors now only sell Magic amulets and rings
- Gems that drop below level 61 have been condensed into 5 tiers
- The values of these remaining early gems have been adjusted so they feel more powerful
Fans can expect the PTR to last a few weeks just like previous ones, maybe longer if things don’t go quite according to plan. Hopefully fans will be able to get their hands on Diablo 3 patch 2.3 in the main game and on consoles by end of July.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018