Everything Announced During Today’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Stream
New characters, stages, items, and more were revealed.
Today (August 8), Nintendo held a stream in which they gave a ton of new details about the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The full video is nearly half an hour long, so in case you don’t want to sit through the entire thing, here’s a summary of all the major points discussed in the stream. Links will be made available where applicable which will take you to articles further detailing points you may be more interested in. You can also watch the full video at the bottom of this page.
- Simon Belmont from Castlevania was confirmed as a playable fighter, alongside Richter Belmont as an Echo Fighter, Dracula’s Castle as a stage and Alucard as an Assist Trophy, as well as 34 Castlevania music tracks.
- Chrom from Fire Emblem and Dark Samus from Metroid were revealed as Echo Fighters of Roy and Samus respectively.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will feature 103 stages, including new ones like New Donk City Hall from Super Mario Odyssey.
- The Stage Morph option will make the stage switch to another stage mid-battle.
- My Music lets players decide what music will play in each stage, with stages being able to play any song from the series the stage is from.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will feature over 800 music tracks, which can be put in playlists and listened to when the screen is off in handheld mode.
- Rules and stages will be chosen before fighters, and custom rulesets can be created for quick access.
- Stamina Battle is now a standard battle option, the camera slowly zooms in during Sudden Death, and a Final Smash Meter will allow for use of a weaker Final Smash once the meter is filled.
- Several Battle Modes were revealed, including Squad Strike, Tourney, Smashdown, Training, and Classic Mode.
- Many new items, Pokémon, and Assist Trophies were revealed, including Rathalos from Monster Hunter.
- The game’s main menu was shown.
- King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country was revealed as a playable fighter.