After announcing its eventual arrival last month, Square Enix has finally released Star Ocean: Anamnesis in English and it’s available to download for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play.
For those unfamiliar, Star Ocean: Anamnesis is another instance of a beloved JRPG series becoming a mobile game. It released for iOS and Android back in 2016, allowing players to recruit characters from various Star Ocean titles and have them form teams of up to four (one is a partner) in order to take on various missions throughout the galaxy.
Here’s more from its store pages:
Star Ocean: Anamnesis is an epic action RPG that puts you in the captain’s chair as you lead a team of heroes across the galaxy. Immerse yourself in a rich sci-fi fantasy universe and experience fast-paced combat rendered with gorgeous 3D graphics!
You are the captain of the Pangalactic Federation starship GFSS-3214F. A surprise attack and a malfunctioning hyperspace drive sends you hurtling to the outer reaches of space. However, with the help of a mysterious woman and her ability to summon heroes from across time and space, you just might be able to fight your way back home!
- Real-Time 3D Combat – Take command of a squad of four heroes in real-time battles! Dodge enemies, time your attacks, and manage your abilities to decimate the enemy!
- Gorgeous 3D Graphics – Beautifully rendered character models and awe-inspiring special attacks bring next-gen graphics to the palm of your hand!
- Build Your Own Squads – Choose from attackers, sharpshooters, defenders, invokers, and healers to form specialized parties. With dozens of characters, each with their own passive and active abilities, the possibilities are endless!
- Thrilling Multiplayer Battles – With a universe full of hostiles you’re going to need some backup! Jump into multiplayer co-op battles and work with your teammates to take down the toughest foes the galaxy has to offer!
One thing of note, however, is that much like Fate/Grand Order, this game is only available in the US and Japan. As such, you’ll need to use an application like apkpure or qooapp (and possibly wait a few hours for the english version) if you live in regions like Europe or Australia.
Assuming the concept of mobile and gacha games don’t repulse you, be sure to download Star Ocean: Anamnesis now to get in on the launch campaign which will grant new players a bunch of free gifts including a 5* Faize and 4* Welch. On top of that, the game will allow players to pick one of five 5* characters of their choosing and purchase a ticket to roll yet another 5*. That’s right, in a matter of minutes, new players will have a full team of 5* rearing to go.
And if the concept does repulse you? Well, you’re going to be in for quite the wait to sate your Star Ocean needs, since Star Ocean 6 is not coming any time soon.
- This article was updated on:July 10th, 2018