It’s Paris Games Week and Sony has been making some big waves ahead of their planned PlayStation Conference. While US gamers might not recognize it yet, this is a big deal for video games, with the show being one of the biggest around. And it seems that Sony is taking it as a bigger deal this year, promising huge announcements, possibly on par with E3.
What could those announcements be? Fans, of course, have been speculating, but due to a surprising lack of leaks no one really knows. If Sony hasn’t been overselling their announcements then we could get info about The Last of Us Part 2, God of War, and many other already known big PS4 releases. There could also be some surprises. While Sony seems reticent to dive back into the handheld arena, there’s still a dedicated band of Vita fans that hope for a real shock.
And there’s also a possibility that Sony has been working on an Xbox One X killer. Microsoft’s latest console, which will hit stores in the next couple of weeks, is the most powerful console of all time. Sony sort of undercut it with the PS4 Pro, but it doesn’t totally measure up. Could they have a new “most powerful console of all time” in the works?
This is all very heavy speculation, so check the show out yourself. We’ll toss the livestream down below as soon as it goes up, which will be at 11am Eastern Time.
PlayStation Live from Paris Games Week 2017
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Xbox One predicted to have made up ground on PS4 in August sales, Wii U sales jump
- Ubisoft Xbox One Game Sales Half Those of PS4, Tied with PS3 and Xbox 360
- NPD: Sony back on top with PlayStation 4 sales in January
- Sony Spends Tons More Money On PS4 Ads Than Microsoft Does For Xbox One
- PS4 Sales Impress In Q2 2014 With 3.3 Million Units Sold
- Xbox One is winning the games message
- PlayStation Now No Longer Requires PS3, PS4 or Vita, April Update Adds Five New Games
- Former Driveclub Developer Says Power Of PS4 Pro Is Being Underestimated
- Everything announced at the Sony E3 Press Conference