Now that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II has been unleashed upon the masses, you’ll want to make sure that you’re able to stay competitive. While you’re able to enable 120Hz mode, as well as turn off Cross-play to ensure that you’re not playing against Keyboard and Mouse players, you’ll find that you may need to tweak your controller settings a bit to make sure everything is comfortable for you.
You’ve come to the right place! Making sure that you have the correct layout for your playstyle is going to be just as important as customizing your weapon to your standards. Let’s dive right into our thoughts on the best settings available for the newest Call of Duty entry!
Best Controller Settings For Modern Warfare 2
While we can offer our takes on what we think is the best controller setting, these are things that you’ll be able to tweak to your own personal standards as you continue playing the game. What works great for us may not work out for you, so give these a try and continue tweaking from here:
- ADS sensitivity multiplier: 0.9
- Vertical stick sensitivity: 6
- Aim response curve: Dynamic
- Custom sensitivity per zoom: Off
- Controller vibration: Off
- Weapon fire threshold: Off
- Vertical aim (on foot): Standard
- Button Layout Preset: Tactical
Related: How to make or join a Group in Modern Warfare 2 on Dot Esports
Advanced Controller Settings
Now that you’ve had a chance to mess about with the standard button layout for your game, you’ll also have the chance to play around with more advanced settings that will give you a leg up over your competition. Make sure to give these a spin to see if you’re able to jump up in rank even faster than before:
- ADS Sensitivity transition timing: Instant
- ADS Sensitivity multiplier: 1.00
- Stick layout preset: Default
- Controller orientation: Uo
- ADS stick swap: Off
- L2 button deadzone: 0
- R2 button deadzone: 0
- Left stick min. input deadzone: 0
- Right stick min. input deadzone: 0
- Left stick max input deadzone: 100
- Right stick max input deadzone: 100
Related: How to text chat in Modern Warfare 2 on Upcomer
Best Aim Assist Settings
While Keyboard & Mouse players may benefit from enhanced aiming capabilities, Controller players have their own Ace up their sleeve: Aim-Assist. If you haven’t used Aim-Assist before, this is a helpful tool that will help you lock on to your enemies as they are running around. Give these a try to see how they may help you in the battle:
- Default: As you aim your gun, the crosshair will slow as you near another player.
- Precision: This setting will allow you to nail the perfect shot, as the reticle will slow even more on your enemy.
- Focusing: This will be something for newer players. It offers the largest amount of reticle slowing to help you pinpoint an enemy.
- Legacy (Black Ops): For those that have played more Black Ops & Vanguard, this will give you more of the classic feel that you’re used to.
Now that you’ve got your controls all set up to your liking, make sure that you know how to inspect your weapon to make sure that you’re ready for the battlefield. It’s a wild world out there, especially when you encounter players using Battle Rage to push their skills to the next level. You’ll need to be ready for anything in this multiplayer experience!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available now on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
- This article was updated on February 1st, 2023